Friday, July 31, 2009, 6:30-9:00 p.m.
WoodsEdge Community Church
25333 Gosling Road
Spring, Texas 77389
It all started simply enough…someone with a burden for single mothers dared to challenge themselves and the people in their sphere of influence with a single question: What can I do to help?
From that question, Meet the Christian Authors Night (or MTCAN as it is affectionately known) was born. Now in its second year, MTCAN is more than just an assembling of Christian authors. It is singers and speakers, and people with a desire to reach out to the hurting in their community.
I know what you’re thinking…isn’t this just another booksigning?
Well, yes, I suppose in a sense it is. There are, after all more than forty of your favorite Christian authors expected to be in attendance. But mingled with the books, autographs, and music, are quiet moments spent talking with the women who benefit from this event. Interspersed with the food and fellowship are intimate conversations that gave way to new friendships, or even just timely words of encouragement.
I was honored to take part in the first MTCAN, and honored even more to be invited back. Like last year, this year's event will take place in July. . .a fitting tribute, I think, to the women struggling to provide homes for their families.
All right, so what is MTCAN, and what can you expect when you get there? How's this for starters:
- Live Entertainment from local Christian music artists
- Hear Cec Murphy speak
- On the Spot Author Interviews
- Meet your favorite Christian authors in person
- Shop for books and have them autographed
- Meet local Christian music artists--buy CDs
- Buy unique handcrafted silver jewelry and antique beaded necklaces from a Christian jewelry artist
- Enter a raffle to win a BIG BASKET OF BOOKS!
- Browse our silent auction with fantastic items to bid on (Astros tickets, spa package, etc)
- Enjoy refreshing beverages and delicious desserts
- Help support Grace~Full the ministry to single parents.
As of June 16th, 2009, authors who are coming to sign books at this event are:
Cec Murphey, Gail Gaymer Martin, Kathy Ide, Cyndy Salzmann, DiAnn Mills, Kathleen Y'Barbo, Janice Thompson, Martha Rogers, Anita Higman, Lena Nelson Dooley, Jeff LeJeune, Linda and Steve Bauer, Janelle Mowery, Elizabeth Ludwig, Randi Morrow, Karen Zick Slagle, Julie Johnston Zick, Nancy Williams, Cathy Messecar, Kim O'Brien, Brenda White, Donn Taylor, Kent Whittaker, Marcia Gruver, Linda Kozar, Dannelle Woody, Rene' Morris, Eileen Key, Marilyn Eudaly, Karen Mayer Cunningham, Lena Nelson Dooley, Vicki Moss, Darol Hail, Don Dickerman, Patricia Lowenfield and Michael & Amy Smalley