An exchange between Alice and the Cheshire Cat perfectly illustrates the importance of goal setting. Alice asks:
“Would you tell me please, which way I ought to go from here?”
“I don’t much care where—”
“Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.”
“—so long as I get somewhere.”
Here at Novel Rocket, we recognize the value of goal-setting. We’re here to help you get to where you want to go as a writer.
Here are my writing and editing goals for 2013. Why don't you post yours, too? Sometimes just getting them out there for others to see provides the impetus you need.
- Revise my current manuscript and research the next.
- Start writing my new manuscript.
- Read The Art of War for Writers and one other craft book.
- Deepen my relationships with God, family, friends.
- Increase the traffic on my editing site, WritingOnTheFineLine.com
Michael Ehret loves to play with words and as editor of the ACFW Journal, he is enjoying his playground. He also plays with words as a freelance editor at WritingOnTheFineLine.com, where he often takes a writer Into The Edit, pulling back the veil on the editing process. He has edited several nonfiction books, played with words as a corporate communicator, and reported for The Indianapolis Star.
Cat image courtesy of digital art / FreeDigitalPhotos.net