by DiAnn Mills @DiAnnMills
It's January 2016, and we bloggers are planning our posts for the next month, six months, or a year.
Then the disastrous truth hits us.
Our blogs are beginning to sound alike. The content is stale. Our first thought is to make excuses for ourselves.
1. I’m creating blogs that enhance my brand.
2. I have loyal followers who love me.
3. I don’t have time to invest in new material.
Understand that #1 is vital to a blogger’s success. We must follow our brand when forming our blogs.
Understand #2 and #3 are . . . lazy.
Deep breath here. So where do we look for new information that shows we are professional writers who care about readers and writers? Here are five ways to help you not only be excited about the next unwritten blog but also gives you a plethora of ideas!
1. Make a list of fresh ideas about your brand that incorporate data, facts, figures, statistics, evidence, examples, details, and images. No cheating! Fresh means the contents are not preserved in your backlist.
2. Read through all of your previous blogs and find the one gem in which you have never elaborated upon.
3. Make sure you’re subscribed to writing and social media blogs that add value to your content. Here are a few recommendations.
4. Subscribe or visit various sites that may not be in your brand or writing related but can be a resource to add meaning to your readers. A few of my favorites are:
5. Develop memes that are humorous, intriguing, and thought provoking.
How are you refreshing your writing for 2016?
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She combines unforgettable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels.
Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards; and been finalists for the RITA, Daphne Du Maurier, Inspirational Readers’ Choice, and Carol award contests. Library Journal presented her with a Best Books 2014: Genre Fiction award in the Christian Fiction category for Firewall.
DiAnn is a founding board member of the American Christian Fiction Writers; a member of Advanced Writers and Speakers Association; International Thriller Writers, and the Faith, Hope, and Love chapter of Romance Writers of America. She is co-director of The Author Roadmap with social media specialist Edie Melson where she continues her passion of helping other writers be successful. She speaks to various groups and teaches writing workshops around the country.
DiAnn has been termed a coffee snob and roasts her own coffee beans. She’s an avid reader, loves to cook, and believes her grandchildren are the smartest kids in the universe. She and her husband live in sunny Houston, Texas.
DiAnn is very active online and would love to connect with readers on any of the social media platforms listed at www.diannmills.com.
Saturday, January 23, 2016
Home » 5 Ways to Avoid the Blogging Trap , Blog , DiAnn Mills , Novel Rocket » 5 Ways to Avoid the Blogging Trap
Saturday, January 23, 2016 5 Ways to Avoid the Blogging Trap, Blog, DiAnn Mills, Novel Rocket 4 comments