By DiAnn Mills @DiAnnMills
Tweet this: Social Media - A Writer's Fresh Vision
When a writer grows tired of social media and dreads creating a blog or post, it’s time to create new ideas. So how is this accomplished when a writer feels like she’s scraping the bottom of inspiration?
Writers can’t find fresh vision while sitting in front of a computer screen.
We need to:
- Climb out of our comfort zone.
- Do something different.
- Free out hearts and minds of all things mundane.
|Look at nature with awe and wonder|
- What do you see in nature?
- Snap a picture and create a meme. Add a humorous or serious line that reflects the writing life.
- Take a short video.
- Relax and allow your imagination to soar.
- Listen to the sounds of nature.
- Observe animals in their own habitat. Stand still and watch how they live and move.
- Make your own path and note the satisfaction.
- How does the weather affect your attitude?
- Use Instagram!
- How does beautifying the exterior of your home open your mind?
- Are you hands dirty or are you wearing gloves?
- Translate the before and after pic into a meaningful post.
- Forget about time and embrace the outdoors.
|Express your creativity|
- Play soft music while your hands are busy.
- Can each step be an instructional video?
- What analogies can you weave?
- Does the project spark new interest in social media?
- Read Scripture as though having a conversation with God.
- Pray for direction in your writing career dilemma.
- Be sure to listen.
How do you find unique material for social media?
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She combines unforgettable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels.
Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards; and been finalists for the RITA, Daphne Du Maurier, Inspirational Readers’ Choice, and Carol award contests. Library Journal presented her with a Best Books 2014: Genre Fiction award in the Christian Fiction category for Firewall.
DiAnn is a founding board member of the American Christian Fiction Writers; a member of Advanced Writers and Speakers Association; International Thriller Writers, and the Faith, Hope, and Love chapter of Romance Writers of America. She is co-director of The Author Roadmap with social media specialist Edie Melson where she continues her passion of helping other writers be successful. She speaks to various groups and teaches writing workshops around the country.
DiAnn has been termed a coffee snob and roasts her own coffee beans. She’s an avid reader, loves to cook, and believes her grandchildren are the smartest kids in the universe. She and her husband live in sunny Houston, Texas.
DiAnn is very active online and would love to connect with readers on any of the social media platforms listed at www.diannmills.com.