1. Read. It's all about story. Besides a good story, I learn from reading other author's books.
2. Take pictures. I drive around with my phone poised and ready. After all, I might capture something in the background that sparks a story. You'd be surprised what's going on in the distance.
3. Eavesdrop. We might hear something that sparks a story.
4. Bang my head. I admit my head against my keyboard when nothing comes. It's like my imagination has gone on vacation and forgotten to invite me along.
5. Make up memes about writing or reading. I have always loved to do craft projects. Making a meme is a digital craft project. I can call it marketing and procrastinate for hours.
6. Quiver in fear. Writers are an insecure lot. We're gelatinous blobs of quivering fear that the story well has dried up. We're hacks. We'll never come up with another salable story.
|Hubs & me with Lord Graham|
So, if you're a writer what do you do besides write?
Leave your answer in the comments and be entered in a drawing to win a book.
While a floppy straw hat is her favorite, novelist Ane Mulligan has worn many including pro-family lobbyist, drama director, playwright, humor columnist, and novelist. She firmly believes coffee and chocolate are two of the four major food groups. Ane writes her Southern-fried fiction in Sugar Hill, GA, where she resides with her artist husband, chef son, and a dog of Biblical proportion.
Home to Chapel Springs
A homeless author, a theatre ghost, and a heartbroken daughter ~
there’s trouble in Chapel Springs
There’s always someone new in Chapel Springs, either coming home or stirring up trouble. Bestselling author Carin Jardine’s latest book is a flop. Homeless and broke, she and her little boy have no choice but to retreat to the house she inherited from her nana in Chapel Springs—the house that’s been gutted. Then, a stranger knocks on her door. One that will change the course of her life. With one of her daughters in love with the wrong boy, a theatre rumored to be haunted, and Howie Newlander and Mayor Riley go head-to-head in a hot election, Claire gets caught in the middle.
TWEETABLE: 7 Things #writers do ... besides write.