- I'm a disappointment.
- I'm not good enough (this is a very strong lie, often used for men and strong female leads)
- I'm not enough – or defective (similar to #1, but not exactly the same)
- I'm too much to handle and will get rejected.
- It's all my fault.
- I'm helpless – powerless to fix (this leads to a fear of being controlled).
- I'm unwanted
- I'm bad (which could possibly be used as a symptom or excuse for another lie)
Eight Lies Your Character Might Believe by Pamela S. Meyers (Click to Tweet)
When I’m developing characters, I search for these hidden lies~ Pamela S. Meyers (Click to Tweet)